I am working to be a professional artist. To see my artwork, please visit my website at www.kyla-zoe.com.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Vacation Bonanza

I've just returned from what, by all means, can only be called a vacation bonanza. There was a week at the lake (Waupaca?), then home for a week, then to Iowa to help my sister Samara move, then home for a week, then I drove east to NY state, taught a week long screen-printing course at Women's Studio Workshop (Rosendale, NY). From there I drove south to Delaware, and spent a week at the beach (Rehoboth, DE) with my family. Now I am back and find myself lost in a steady, immanent sense of dread at the barrage of responsibilities that will accompany the new school year.

But let's keep things light.

What can I say, the extended vacation is a luxury that few can have. The beach was lovely. Dolphins swam up and down the coast line every day. The weather at the beach was flawless.

I also got to do a fantastic photo-shoot of my sister Jesse. Last spring, for reasons I don't care to share now, I sewed an adult version of a Disney princess dress. It's gold, poofy, and I'm very proud. The following are photos of Jesse on the beach in the dress. My apologies to Samara, who also looks lovely in the dress, for not having time to photograph her as well. Maybe next year.

No comments: