I am working to be a professional artist. To see my artwork, please visit my website at www.kyla-zoe.com.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A treatise on how to spell "repetitive".

I almost sent this to my students until I realized how horribly dorky it is.

Dear Students,
It's spelled repEtition, not repItition.
You'll thank me for it someday, perhaps even tomorrow.

So just repeat in your pretty little heads,

repetition
repetition
repetition
has repetitive I's and repetitive E's.

Affectionately yours, Kyla.

The following is a brief poem that I wroteto help you remember. I wish I could say it was the dorkiest thing I've ever done, that it's the only thing that I've distracted myself with today, and that it only took me 5 minutes, but that would all be a lie. I guess I got distracted in coming up with it in the way one is disracted by solving a crossword, only this is much sillier and much dorkier. Now I'm just kind of embarrased by how elaborate it is, but I wouldn't want my efforts to go to waste. Anyway, here it goes:

Repetition Is A Repetitive Word*

-by Kyla Zoe Luedtke.

Repetition is a repetitive word,
the repetitive "I" is never forgot, and neither is the "T",
but for every "I" there is an "E" and without it is absurd.

So remember now, right here on the spot,
repeat the I's and T's, and E's,
without them there's no word.

Just one vowel repeats to three
it's in the word "repetitive"
and with the triple E!

So once and for all, repeat after me,
Repeat the E repetitively.

*I may change the title to: Two E's, Two and I's makes you rEpEtItION wise!, but I haven't made up my mind yet. Ok. No more distracting myself.

1 comment:

Jess said...

That is SO SO SO you!