I am working to be a professional artist. To see my artwork, please visit my website at www.kyla-zoe.com.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I love my job

This summer I got a job at the library scanning Aldo Leopold's journals. I didn't realize what a big whoop that was. Apparently, according to my father and my sister, Samara, that's fantastic. Aldo Leopold was a very important naturalist, and a pioneer in the field.

For me, in addition to the honor of handling his personal journals, the bonuses are numerous. To list a few perks.

1. I can make my own hours
2. I can check my e-mail while scanning
3. I can listen to the radio, watch things on the internet, etc...

But above all the greatest bonus is the dearth of interesting, and oft times curious imagery I come across. For example, take a look at this image:


Need I say more?

I will. This "duck" has a preternaturally sized head and seems stunned to be featured in such a way, just look at those eyes... I am especially pleased with the small tag pointing out the location of its anus. Nice touch.

1 comment:

So it has Come to This said...

The duck seems to have swallowed a hastily drawn hand.