Is that the best title ever or what? I made it up. I love being a teacher. The following is a portion of the homework I just sent to the discussion sections I teach on Tuesdays:
2. Bois, "The De Stijl Idea": Cite a specific part of the reading (a paragraph or quote) by page number** that you believe to illuminate an important concept relating the reading to today's lecture. Very briefly explain how it relates, and be prepared to share it and your thoughts in class Tuesday.
**You don't need to type out the quote for me, but I should have some way of knowing what specific paragraph or sentence you are referring to. For example (using an imaginary essay so that I don't steel any of your thunder): In reference to the two paragraphs above the heading "Prune Juice: The Drinkable Oxymoron" on page 100 of the "Plum Crazy" article, the author states "there is an inherent contradiction in juice that claims to be extracted from fruit that is, by definition, dried..."
3. Optional, but recommended: Eh-hem...In your opinion, what is the funniest/best you-tube video ever? How might Kyla find it and watch it on the internet? I highly recommend "Aussie Party- Australia", anything from the "Drunk History" Series, and of course, the ol' stand-by, "Leprechaun in Mobile, Alabama".
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment